Sunday, February 24, 2008

Out of Control...

I like details. I mean, I really might be obsessed with them. If you've ever had a conversation with me, you would know this to be true. I have no short version of any story. If you want the short version, you should probably ask someone else. I really like all the details. I always have. In a way, it might be a good thing, because I always remember little things that no one else notices. Today, it is a very, very bad thing. Let me tell you why...

In a little less than five days, I will be boarding an airplane to Brazil with 17 other people. Sounds exciting, right? Here's the problem: we have no idea what we are doing when we get there. And that really bothers me. I have no details on even the really big stuff, and I'm still really paranoid about the really little stuff.

I don't know who I'm sitting next to on the plane. I don't know how I'm going to survive that long on a plane. I don't think I can sleep on a plane. It's going to be really hot there. I'm afraid of getting sick. I don't really know what to pack. And this is just the beginning of my freaking out.

I have absolutely no details for a period of ten days of my life. And it's driving me crazy. I never realized just how much I like to control my life and everything in it. I never realized how much I just insist on knowing about.

I'm being left in the dark, and everyone else thinks it's funny. An adventure, even. I pray that I can find this mindset very, very soon.

Pray for me? Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(yesIwillprayforthereleasing). bless you with peace.

Melissa said...

I will pray too. you will find freedom in this "mindset of letting go" and "being out of control"