Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Moment of Eternity

Five years.
It's been five years.
Five years, and no matter what they say, it doesn't get any easier.
Five years, and my life has been turned upside down so many times I have lost count.
One single moment, between four and six in the morning, has changed everything about the last five years.
Five years is an eternity, and it is yesterday, all at the same time.
Five years and I don't miss you any less or forget you aren't here, ever.
In five years I have tried to live without you; it is just something that has to be done.
Five years later I am twenty-two years old, and finally learning what it looks like to grow up. Alone. Without you.
Everyday of the last five years I have thought of you. Everyday.
I can't believe it has been five years...

No comments: