Monday, October 15, 2007

Newness

*Warning: the post you are about to read will probably be a collection of very random thoughts. My head is loud today.*

Occasionally, and I think I am not alone in this, I have these days where life is so overwhelming and loudly buzzing about me that I have a hard time doing anything other than running to my bed and pulling the covers over my head. No one can find me there. It's great. Thank goodness for a boss who understands and lets me go home half-way through the day so I can further this bad habit of escapism.

I think I might have been nuts for picking up another part-time job last Friday. I start tomorrow. It seems easy, but do I really want to work 52 hours a week? Let me tell you, nothing makes me want to go back to school more than the idea that I am now working three jobs. I guess we'll just see how it goes. I'm just having a hard time keeping track of all of my kids (and employers). I have a hard enough time keeping track of myself. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. Hopefully the money will be good, and that going back to school thing might happen sooner rather than later.

I found out this afternoon that I'm getting another roommate this week. The more the merrier I suppose. At least this one is female. It seems to be a week of new things actually. New tattoo, new job, new roommate. I wouldn't mind a new car next...hmm...

Besides all this, I'm also heartbroken. Selfishly. And I have no one to talk to about it. Hate when that happens.

Yeah, I'm done.

p.s....I'm still smiling :) He makes all things new. He's reminding me.

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

He does, indeed, make all things new.

Jenelle said...

I'm concerned. 52 hours?

joy said...

yes. 52 hours. three jobs. seven kids. very little sleep.

Melissa said...

are you going to go to school AND work 52 hours? I work 40 and go to school - I wouldn't reccommend it.

I like to hide under the covers too.

joy said...

Mel-
Going back to school is really just a fun dream for me right now. I don't currently have the money, time, or dedication for it. Maybe one day, though. I did make a deal with a friend :) We'll see...

I'm pretty sure if I had a degree I wouldn't have to work three jobs. That's EXCELLENT motivation...