Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Take Courage! It is I. Do Not Be Afraid." *

I took my passport to church this morning. Throughout the whole service, it sat in the chair next to me and stared me down. When the service was over, I took it, along with a decent amount of cash, and placed them in the hand of one of the pastors at my church. It was a statement. It was a faith step. I'm going to Brazil. No turning back now.

This afternoon I sat on my back deck with Jesus. I told Him I'd go where He sends me. I asked Him to show me what's next. I know that whatever and where ever it is, it's big, but I know He won't send me until I'm ready. I know He'll hold my hand.

In an hour I'm going to tell my boss that I'm not working early mornings anymore. I'm just not. I refuse to have my life controlled by anyone except Jesus. Soon I plan to tell her that I'm moving on. I don't want to be manipulated anymore. I don't want my life planned by another human anymore. I'm going to chase life. I'm going to chase Jesus.

It's not about me. It's about Jesus. It's a walk on water kind of day...

*Matthew 14:27

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think we all need more "walk on water days." i like that expression.

Jenelle said...

I'm proud of you for cutting back on your hours. And for Brazil!