Monday, December 3, 2007

Random Musings...

I haven't had anything profound to say lately. Which is apparently going around. Maybe because so much happened in about two weeks time that I am now taking the time to process it all. Maybe because I've been sick with a fever that I can't get rid of. Maybe because I'm not working and therefore quite bored. I'm not really sure why.

I've spent the last two days being content with where I am right now. I think that's a good place to be. I'd like to stay here in this state of mind, at least for a little while.

I've been sick, and so I've been sleeping in strange amounts at strange times. But, what else is new. Nothing like getting up to watch the Today Show and eat pop-tarts, and then going back to bed until mid-afternoon. I suppose there are perks for not having to be at work. It doesn't pay very well, though.

I'm officially on the job hunt. My boss told me that she doesn't expect me to stick around until she moves in the spring. Good to know. Don't know what's next on my list of random careers, but I'm definitely willing to try it when it comes along.

I had a conversation last night with a friend about leaving college and growing up. I don't think I had realized until last night that I had gained the ability to let go of the life I lived at college and build my own life here. But I totally have. And I didn't even notice. I'm having a great time here. The only sad part is that everything we spent the last two-ish years building towards has crumbled before our eyes. (Enter Nick Lachey lyrics). The good part is that the things I am now building towards are better and stronger, it seems. It's part of growing up I guess. Which is so hard, but turning out to be so rewarding. I am still, however, stopping after my next birthday. (Haha).

Maybe sometime this week I will have something more intelligent to discuss than my own life. I've been doing too much of talking about myself lately. Life isn't about me. We need bigger and better things than ourselves. Thank goodness we are aware of this...

No comments: