Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Or A Miracle...


I need peace of mind and a lullaby
'Cause theres an angry voice in my head tonight
Tellin' me to do things that can't be right
I need peace of mind and a lullaby

Jesus, I need the angry voices to stop. I have declared Your power over them, and they no longer can dictate what I do, or whisper lies to me in the dark. In this, You have given me peace of mind. Thank You.

I need peace of mind and a hopeful heart
To lose this rage and move out of the dark
I ain't looking for rainbows or shooting stars
Just some peace of mind and a hopeful heart

Jesus, I need my heart to have hope that I can keep moving out of the dark and into the Light. I need nothing spectacular, just the Light that only You can bring. I don't want to be angry anymore. I want the comfort found only in Your hands. In this, You have given me peace of mind. Thank You.

I need peace of mind and a gentle hand
As I try to change the way I am
And hope God forgives me when I can't
I need peace of mind and a gentle hand

Jesus, I need You to keep changing me. You always forgive me, and Your hand has been nothing but gentle to me. You have allowed the other hands that hold my secrets to be gentle also. In this, you have given me peace of mind. Thank You.

Or a miracle
For this broken soul
A little miracle
For this broken soul

Jesus, you are working a miracle in my life, on my tired and battered soul. If for no other reason, this is why I truly have peace of mind. Thank You. Thank You.


*lyrics by Mindy Smith

**photo by danielygo

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Sing it, Mindy. Sing it, Joy.