Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Life Take 3...

It seems there has been a trend lately among my friends of getting new jobs. Each person I know that has started a new job lately has made the initial announcement with great excitement and anticipation behind it. I, of course, can be no exception. I accepted a new job offer yesterday, and will be quitting my current job tomorrow promptly at 1pm (hopefully). Everyone I have told, I have told with great enthusiasm. I am excited at the prospect of starting yet another thing in my life over again. It seems to be the year for that.

Something in me, though, wonders if I am the only one that is also a bit apprehensive about starting something new. I am a little afraid of leaving what has become way too comfortable for me, and I am afraid of giving up how great I've got it right now. I will be working with all new people (capable of adult conversation!), under an all new set of rules and reguations (don't really know what those are anymore). The good news is I set my own schedule (I had been waiting for that offer), and I will always have work (a problem for me as of late). Yet, something in me still feels the need to be cautious.

So, I give this news with excitement about another new thing in my life to add to the new me. Don't be fooled by my enthusiasm, though. I am definitely apprehensive. I definitely don't know what to expect. I'm just taking the next step. I'm practicing letting go, starting with the prying off of the twenty fingers and twenty toes that have been wrapped around my heart and life for the last 17 months. I hope I'm not the only one that is nervous about a new job. I hope all the excited friends I have encountered lately were a little afraid, too. I think it's ok for a new job to be a little scary. Tell me I'm not the only one...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What's your new job? And when do you start? I'm excited for you and curious too. :)

And by the way...

...you're not the only one. :)