Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Remember to Breathe Part 3: You Must Keep Going

After a string of hard, terrifying days, tonight I thank Jesus that today was an easier one. The hard part is not over, but He knew I needed a break. Thank You, Lord.

I am lucky to have discovered a few things about this battle inside myself thus far in my journey, and I thought I'd share.

1. My mind is my own worst enemy.
2. Everything is usually ok in the daylight. After dark, not so much.
3. Staying busy is better than having empty time.
4. Sleeping is important. Whenever, Wherever.
5. Eating is, too. I've lost 15 pounds.
6. My friends truly want to help. I don't know why I can't be convinced of this.
7. It is really ok to ask for help when I need it. The people who really care won't be scared away. Even when I pass out in their doorway :)

This is hard, I won't lie. Harder than anything I've ever experienced. I'm out of control, and I can't help it. But I know I have to keep going, and I know eventually it won't be this hard. I'm just striving hard to not turn back. I'm reaching out for something solid when I think I'm about to sink. That's all I know to do. That's all I can do. I appreciate your prayers...

No comments: