Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Matter of Opinion

[laying on the floor in our boss's office, hiding on our lunch breaks]

me: "Am I crazy?"
her: "Just a little. But it's ok. Most of us are a little crazy."

(silence for a few moments)

me: "Am I TOO crazy?"
her: "No. You're just a little over the top."
me: "How do you not be a little over the top? Because I don't like that."
her: "You take what God dishes out to you, and you deal with it. You don't ask questions, you just do what is asked of you. You decide to be happy with what you're given."

[rewind a few days. sitting on my couch talking on the phone.]

me: "I'm just not happy."
her (a different her): "Happiness isn't about circumstances. Happiness is a choice."

Today, I am satisfied. Happiness isn't something that happens overnight, I am convinced, but I am starting to believe that we create our own happiness. I'm tired of waiting to be happy, when I have discovered that I can be happy as soon as I choose to be. So today, I am satisfied. And that is enough for me to make it until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

we are all crazy in one way or another.

Jesus is enough, honey.... He is enough.

Lets both keep reminding ourselves of that truth and we'll be alright. :)