Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Unraveled

You told me that I would walk away from You at least one more time.
I didn't know it would be so soon.

You unraveled the seams that held my heart together, and everything that was inside came spilling out. It was so very ugly to look upon. I revealed all of the unpleasantries, and it hurts me now to know that another knows just how ugly I was on the inside. It makes me want to hide.

I was so angry with You for taking what I swore was mine, and I was angry that You thought You knew better than I did what was best for me. You gave back to me all that was lost, and that only confused me more.

Now I don't know what to say to You. I'm not talking to You, but You knew I wouldn't. I'm not even sure I want You to talk to me. If I knew what to say, or even that You might even still care to listen, maybe I would tell you how I feel. But I don't.

You've seen the depths of my heart. You created them. You knew that I would think You would no longer want me after that. No one else does. Why would You?

I've made it alright on my own for a few weeks, and that scares me. I wanted to need You. I wanted You to want me. What's missing? It's not even bothering me.

I'm sorry I was angry. I'm sorry I was bitter. All the ugly is out now; it's been seen. All that's left is empty space. Holes that sit unfilled. There was no good in my heart. I wish there would have been. At least I know the truth now.

Sew it back up, please. And fill it with something better.

No comments: