Thursday, May 15, 2008

(Not) Alone

"For many months I prayed that God would give you friends there. But then I realized that it's not about where you are. Because maybe you think it's because you are there, but I'm here and I don't really have friends anymore either. It's just important that you have other people period. And maybe sometimes we don't because we're not supposed to. I don't really know. I just know that it sucks being alone. And that you aren't alone in being alone. No matter where you are."
-from a text conversation I had today with a far away friend

Sometimes the most comforting thing you could possibly receive is the knowledge that you are not alone. Even if what you are not alone in is being alone. It was unexpected, but so very needed. It gives me enough to want to try again tomorrow.

Because sometimes all we need is the smallest good thing.

No comments: