Thursday, November 8, 2007

Godspeed...and God, can I speed?

In approximately fourteen hours I am going to climb into a car and hope to survive the next ten. My boss, the kids and I are driving to Iowa tomorrow. God help us. I do not travel well, and it becomes even less well when you add a three-year-old and a one-year-old to the mix. Again, God help us. When it is my turn to drive, I will be driving as fast as I can. If it comes to be that I feel the need to jump out of a speeding car sometime in the next 24 hours, please know that I have been glad to know all of you.

That being said, I am not sure when I will have the capabilities to post any time in the next eight days. I do, however, plan on writing lots while I am there, so if need be I will backlog entries when I get home next weekend. Though I am still holding out a candle that I will have daily internet access, even if it means driving to a coffee shop (they do have those in Iowa, right?).

So off I go into the wild, corn-filled yonder. This is new and uncharted territory for me. Who knows, it might spark some great writings. I wish you all a wonderful week ahead. Godspeed. And believe you me, there will be speeding.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

I support driving to coffee shops, but not excessive speeding.