Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Little Laugh...

I have chased so many deep thoughts today, and had so many serious issues to deal with, that I don't think I can pick just one to write about. So instead, I'd like to share my funniest moment of the day.

I picked up my newest kids, Sydney (6) and Carson (2), this afternoon and took them home. Usually when we get there, there is a key under the front door mat to open the door with. Today, Deana forgot to leave the key. Minor problem. I looked at the kids and told them that there was no key, and I was going to go call their mom and ask her what she wanted me to do. Before I had the phone open, Sydney looked at me and without missing a beat said, "Why don't you just use a credit card?". I looked at her like she had two heads, and then pondered the thought. "Well, it isn't dead bolted, so maybe it would work." I went to the car, got a credit card, and proceeded to break into the house, on the advice of a six-year-old. Fabulous.

Later, when I told Deana about it, I couldn't help but laugh about the fact that this child, at the age of six, has already perfected her breaking and entering skills. Which, I guess, isn't really a bad skill to have. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

kids crack me up. isn't it funny how so much honesty and even sometimes wisdom comes from the mouth of a child? :)